Using categories in shared contacts list

  • From: "JC" <jc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:56:51 -0800

How do you apply categories to a shared contact list in Exchange 2003?  The
Contact list is in a shared public folder and I want everyone to be able to
view the entries by category.  Can these categories be created on exchange
directly so that they are available to everyone?

As an alternative I tried to use a GAL, but when I create one it gives me an
option to search for entries within AD, but the entries in this contact list
are all external.  So I don't know if this is the way to go.

The easiest thing to me seems to be to create some sort of global

2003 Server, Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003