Using VB MAPI Control causeing Exchange to generate wrong Email Type

  • From: "Steve Bunnell" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:44:13 -0600

I am using VB code and MAPI controls like the following, in part:

 With frmMAPI.mapiMsg
   .Compose
   .RecipDisplayName = SupportEmailAddress
   .RecipAddress = SupportEmailAddress
   .MsgSubject = sSubject
   .MsgNoteText = sMessageBody

   .Send True
 End With

This is working fine on systems not using Exchange. On Exchange systems,
the RecipAddress properties are showing as follows (brackets denote text
boxes):

 Display Name: [a@xxxxx]
 E-mail address: [a@xxxxx]
 E-mail type: [A@xxxxx]  with the trailing button labeled 'Internet type'
 Internet format: [Send using Outlook Rich Text Format]

Now if the email is sent as is, it will bounce. If the user clicks on
'Internet type', E-mail type changes to SMTP (as it should be) and the
mail sends correctly. If the users retypes the email address, the mail
sends correctly.

I do not see where I can set E-mail Type property from the MAPI control.
I tried setting up an address book entry, but the E-mail type field still
was wrong.

Client's Email - Outlook 2000
App coded in VB 6.0 SP5 with MS MAPI controls 6.0

Any bright light pointing the correct way will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Steve Bunnell
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx