RE: Using SQL to access Exchange emails

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:39:11 -0700

Hi Emanual,

I had a feeling you were also Portuguese by your last name. I was born in San
Miguel, Azores but my parents migrated in 1966 when I was two to the United
States.

What your asking for can be done, however it is no easy task, Cisco Call
Manager system has a product called AVVID UNITY which does almost the same
thing, any voice mail uses the exchange data store to store voice mail
messages. However this took Cisco thousands of hours to develop. You'll need to
be a Microsoft  Partner in their Developer Network to get them to assist you
which such an undertaking.

A simpler solution that may work for you would be to just use the url for
outlook web access ( Once the mailbox is opened ) and add that to the vb app
data store. This way when they click on the link with in your app it opens the
mailbox with the emails.

You'll need to of course have the correct mailbox permissions defined and be
running Exchange 2000 OWA or 2003 OWA would be even a better choice.

Well it's just an idea,

Jose :-)
http://www.medeiros.org