Using ISP's smtp

  • From: "Mark Meelhuysen" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:04:39 +0200

Maybe it is a really stupid question, but I always worked with servers of
customers that always used their own smtp to send email. Now I want to
configure a server to use it's ISP's smtp because of the following error they

www.*****.com #4.0.0 smtp;451 blocked. Your /24 netblock has more
than 9 listings at Use your ISP's SMTP server to send us mail
or ask abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx for removal.

Can somebody tell me in short where I can find this with in exchange?

Apparantly they got an ipadress that used to be infected in the past. I am sure
it is not caused by them to be listed in that list since they have a very
secure network. And when I contacted the ISP to get them delisted they told me
to use their smtp...

They are running Windows server 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP1.

Thnx in advance..