RE: Using IIS 5 as a mail relay

  • From: "Lara, Greg" <GLara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:37:46 -0400

You can use dial-demand routing to kick off a dial-up session when SMTP
traffic is forwarded to the routing and remote access service (which could
be installed on the same box). You could filter TCP/IP traffic the dial
interface based on port 25, but I don't think you can create a scheduled
dial-up this way.

Here's information on demand dial on Microsoft's TechNet site:
http://tinyurl.com/65lxw <http://tinyurl.com/65lxw>

Greg Lara
IT Department
Anti-Defamation League
823 UN Plaza
New York, NY 10017
(212) 885-7764 (voice) (212) 885-5807 (fax)
 <mailto:glara@xxxxxxx> glara@xxxxxxx
Use the ADL Helpdesks:
IT:
http://www.webhelpdesk.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/HostedHelpdesk.woa/wa?id=25