Using Exmerge Utility - please provide me with your opinion

  • From: "rolamohammed" <rolamohammed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 11:37:45 +0600

Dear All,

First of all, happy new year for every one here in the list.

i have 2 questions here i want to discuss it with you, & i would like to
know your reply.

every one know how to use the exmerge utility, and its fuctionality.

as i understood, it used to extract all the data from the mail box on the
exchange server and put it in the PST file.

now, i had a user called jackson, his mailbox was size of 50 MB.

i run this toll on my exchange server and extract it to him and all of his e-
mails becomes on PST file.

now, every thing from his mailbox was completely getout from the server
database and become in the PST file . is that correct ?

2- when i open the ESM, and under the fisrt storage group & then under
mailbox store & then under mailbox, i found that the size of this user for
his mailbox STILL  50 MB ????????????

can i know why is still that ? and is that correct when i am extracting the
database from the mailbox, it should become 0 ? is taht correct or wronge ?

and do you think i am in the correctway ????

second questions, i have here one of my user he is under the domain and he
has a user name & password & e-mail for that domain,

when this user try to send an e-mail to any one inside our organization, the
other user receive the e-mail but with this things on the subject :-

"[SPAM (Non-existent user)] - your contavt - Local recipient does not exist"

can i know why ??