User prompted for password in Outlook as Exchange client

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:57:20 -0700

AD domain is 2000 native mode.

Exchange is 2000 standard patched on Windows 2000 Standard patched.

Remote user connecting via site to site VPN. User is using a Windows XP Pro
computer that was previously not a member of the domain. I have now added
the workstation to the domain. User previously connected to Exchange as a
POP3 client in Outlook 2002 patched and logged onto the workstation locally.
Logged on as domain user and setup her Outlook as an Exchange client. During
the setup, after entering the exchange server name and user name, it prompts
for credentials of the user. I have deleted her profile on that workstation
and then logged in again and setup Outlook again and same thing each time,
constantly prompts for credentials.

Other than deleting her domain user and mail box and then recreating, any
one have ideas on what is happening or what to try?

John Tolmachoff

eServices For You

GIF image