User not showing up in GAL in Outlook

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:05:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I have a strange one:  on an Exchange server with a couple of hundred
users, one user just won't show up in the GAL (Global Address List).  I
have checked the user and he is unchecked for "Hide from Address Lists".
he is enabled and as far as I can tell he is configured the same as all
the others.  Receiving and sending email just fine.  And on the server
itself, in the ESM 2003, under "Recipients" and "All Global Address
Lists" and "Default Global Address List", when I do a "Preview" of the
Default GAL, he is there!  But Outlook users canbnot see him.  I have also
re-run the RUS (Recipennt Update Service) a couple of times and waited at
least 48 hours because some of these lists get built once per day ...
still no luck!

Any suggestions where I should check as to why this user is not showing up
in the Outlook GAL?

best regards