User mailbox hacked?

  • From: "J Daniel" <jjdaniel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:54:40 -0600

Hi all,

I have a user who is reporting that the e-mail messages in their inbox are
being read by someone. Anytime they attempt to connect via Outlook (MAPI,
cached, logging enabled) they report that all of their new messages that
they have received appear to have been read.

My question..Has their mailbox been hacked? I have had them change their
password but they still are having the problem.  Could it be some type of
key logger on their machine or could it be something else?  Any help would
be most appreciated.