RE: User locked up several times Windows NT

  • From: "Andrea Coppini" <andrea@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:22:58 +0100

One of 2 things:

1>  he's logged in somewhere else.  Make sure all workstations are
logged off at the end of the day.  Teach the user to log off when he's
done working on a workstation.

2>  he's changing the password AFTER logging in and the login script has
run.  For example, if you have a login script that maps 3 shares to the
user's workstation at login and the user changes the password AFTER the
login script has run and mapped the shares, and the mapped drive
connection is idle for more than 15 minutes (or more, not sure about the
exact time), windows will reconnect to the shares using the old
password, which is now incorrect.... it will keep trying to use the old
password, which will lock your user's account.