User causes the server to hang,

  • From: "Ruba Al Omari" <romari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:50:15 +0300

Hello,

I have a user when she tries to forward an email to a group of users the
server hangs,
Server: Exchange 2003, Windows 2000, SP3
Client:Outlook 2003, Windows XP, SP2 (batched up to date)

The user tries to forward chain letters usually less than 1 Mbyte to a
local distribution list she created on her machine, the list includes
around 110 users mixed, some from the domain and some from outside, all
the email exists she doesn't receive an NDR for that list.
when she tries to forward an email the outlook of every body else in the
organization says Connection to Microsoft Exchange lost, Trying to
connect to Microsoft Exchange server, this happens for few seconds, and
then the outlook retrieve the connection and the email from that user
arrives.

This do not happen unless that user is forwarding emails to that group,
if she is sending an email to one person, the server doesn't suffer.
Nothing shows at the event log or from MOM.
I tried moving her mailbox to another physical disk with the same
symptoms.

Any one expereinced such problem?
thanks,
r.