Urgent!! exchange 2000 standard exceeded 16 GB limit

  • From: "ikm7176" <ikm7176@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:58:19 -0700

We are running exchange 2000 standard version with all sp3 and post sp3
patch, this morning it reached the 16 GB limit. since then we are unable
to mount the database. searched the KB articles. Finally we decided to run
the eseutil utility for offline defragmentation and  then move some
mailboxes to another server.

i am curious to know, how much time it will take for offline
defragmentation. its almost 5 hrs for me and its only 60% completed.

i am worried if this works ? All the log files and .edb files are
untouched. Any other solutions ?

Any help would be highly appreciated. thanks !!