RE: Urgent Help, will be highly appreciated ( Virtual Server )

  • From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:25:21 +0800

My answers are in-line (in red)

  _____

From: Mohammed Tantawi [mailto:mtantawi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 7:38 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Cc: ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Urgent Help, will be highly appreciated (
Virtual Server )

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Dear Sarbjit,

Thank you very very very much for your good information regarding this
things, many many many thanks to you .

I have only one thing,

As I understand now, the idea which I said is correct,

But as I understand the server which I am connect to it is using POP3
Protocol, because its standard Protocol, for E-mail.

1.   I mean in USA , there is no any POP3 server there, its Normal server (
exchange server ) and My Local server in Saudi Arabia, connect to USA server
with Protocol POP3 to download the E-mail Messages from there  and
distribute it to my local user.

POP is a client protocols. This means, clients which support POP3 (like
Outlook Express) , can connect to a server to download mails. Server DON"T
connect to another server to download mails over POP3. You server in Saudi
Arabia should be using SMTP to connect to the server in USA to download mail
and distribute it to the clients in Saudi Arabia. How you server distribute
mails to the client ? Depends , what protocols the clients are using.

Is it correct.  For NO 1 ?

You definition in No.1 is wrong.

2.  And its using SMTP to send E-mails from me to the Internet and so on ?

 Exchange Servers use SMTP to distribute mails to the internet. SMTP is the
de-facto protocol in email messaging on the internet. Exchange Servers use
SMTP when communicating in the LAN/WAN.

Is it correct  for NO   2 ?

 No. 2 is correct.

  _____