RE:Upgrading to Exchange 2003

  • From: "Amy Kohler" <akohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:44:32 -0400

Hello all,
I am planning to upgrade to Exchange 2003 and leave our 2000 AD as is at this
time. I currently have a NT domain with exchange 5.5 on a BDC in a seperate
Organization and a 2000 domain with Exchange 2000 servers in a seperate
organization. Therefore of course, I have ADC's connecting the domains.
If I can't get rid of the 5.5 server, (no users are left logging into the NT
domain accept some SQL server service accounts (they are sending smtp mail
through the 5.5 connector at this time)), should I run the forst/prep -
domain/prep before or after I upgrade the ADC versions supplied with Exchange
2003?

Thank you in advance
Amy