RE: Upgrading from exchange 2000 to 2003

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:14:17 -0400

Hi Amy,
Microsoft recommends upgrading the FE servers first before upgrading the
BE server. However, I have not seen anything specific to whether to
upgrade the Bridge head first or mailbox server first. I would upgrade
the cluster after the FE upgrade, and then continue with the bridge
head. Refer the following links which will be useful.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822942
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842427
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555262

HTH.