RE: Upgrading from 2000 to 2003

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:02:58 -0500

Whichever works better for you.  There are some features (small set) that
you get if you have a native 2003 domain with Exchange 2003 running on 2003
Server.  But nothing you have now so probably not a big deal.

If you want to upgrade the AD first, then by all means, do so.  Take it to
FFL 2003 and let the environment gel for a while before the next upgrade.

If you just need Exchange 2003, it runs fine in a 2000 AD on Windows 2000.
Later, when you upgrade the server to 2003, it picks up on that and installs
the features you wanted to use before.  Same with going to 2003 AD - it
allows more features at that point.

Al