[ExchangeList] Upgrading Exchange 2000 to 2003

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:14:00 -0400

Hello all,

   I am researching upgrading an Exchange 2000 environment to Exchange
2003 where the Exchange 2000 server is installed on a Domain Controller.
There is only one DC and only one Exchange 2000 server (same box).

   First thing is to get another DC (global catalog) up and running on
the network.

   Before introducing the first Exchange 2003 server, should I run DC
Promo and demote the server to a Member Server?

   This is my first run in with Exchange 2000 on a DC during an upgrade
process - any pointers (or links) are greatly appreciated.