Upgrade question

  • From: "Brandon F. Lockhart" <blockhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:11:59 -0400

All,
   I am looking to upgrade my Exchange 2000 SP2 installation to Exchange 2000
Enterprise.  I have been told there is no direct upgrade except to basically
wipe the machine and start over.  If this is the case, please question/comment
on my method.

   I am assuming I can stop all Exchange services, then make a backup of the
current database file.  I can then uninstall Exchange 2000 (or even wipe the
machine), and then re-install Exchange 2000 Enterprise.  I could then copy the
file back, or restore it, and then setup a site to point to that file.  Is that
the easy way, or is there some utility that will export, then import the
databases.  Thanks in advance.