Upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2000

  • From: Shay Reshef <shay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:54:31 -0500

Hi,

I have two Exchange 5.5 servers in the same organization and site. The
organization name has a comma xxxx,ltd in the end of the upgrade I would
like the each server to be in a different administrative groups

To run the upgrade, I need to change the Display Name of the organization
and remove the comma.

After that the upgrade will create a new organization from the new display
name in the Microsoft Exchange administrator 5.5.

My big Q is if after I run the upgrade in-place on one of the server, is the
two exchange server will still be in the same organization (old name new
name)? Or the new one will be in the new organization? And the second in the
old organization name?

And then when I run an upgrade on the second server, will I be able to add
it to the new 2000 organization, in different administrative groups with out
losing the data?

Best Regards,

Shay
<http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/18947816/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToC