RE: "Upgrade" from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003

  • From: "William Lefkovics" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 00:31:59 -0800

Within the instructions you have been using, there is a basic expectation of
knowledge about Windows, Active Directory and Exchange Server.

You have sufficiently demonstrated in your question that you lack that
knowledge.  I'm not trying to be rude.  (I don't know what CPM is).

1)  Why did you install the Active Directory Connector at all? (used for
Exchange 5.5)
2)  Those hair-raising acronyms are rather basic.  I would expect ANY
experienced Windows programmer to know them fairly  well.  (What is a
schema?  Are you kidding me?)
3)  adprep.exe is located in the \I386 folder.

I would consider stepping back for a few days and read up on Windows Active
Directory, FSMO roles, AD Schema, and Exchange.

Windows Server 2003 TechCentre

Active Directory Schema Technical Reference

Exchange Server TechCentre