Upgrade decisions - Was: Need best solution exchange (pl take interest)

  • From: "Jason Merrique" <j.merrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:06:43 -0000

Hi Jolylon,

Sorry, this isn't a proper reply to your question.

May I ask why has your company made the decision to upgrade to Windows
2000, and Exchange 2000, rather than Win XP, Windows 2003 server and
Exchange 2003? I was just wondering what factors influence the decision
to upgrade for such a large organisation. Actually, I'd be interested to
find out from others what the major factors are that trigger an upgrade,
and determine what to upgrade to.

Our firm is in quite a good position when it comes to upgrading, as we
are eligible for an Academic licence, and we only have around 25 users.
So we manage to stay very up to date. Of course the issue would be very
different for a company with hundreds of users and several international
branch offices....