Upgrade Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000

  • From: "Leo Hasse" <Leo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:57:21 -0700

Last year I installed for a customer a new Windows 2000 server with
Exchange 2000 and removed their old Windows NT server and Exchange 5.5.
My company told them about W2k3 server and Exchange 2003 but they still
prefer W2k server and Exchange 2K. Now the customer wants to upgrade
that server to W2k3 server and Exchange 2003. They want "OMA and active
sync features."           And they want it done on their new W2k server
with Exchange 2000 server. What is the best way to do this? Can I
upgrade W2k to W2k3 server and then upgrade the Exchange 2000 to
Exchange 2003? Or on that W2k server do I backup the emails, format the
hard drive and then install W2k3 server and then install Exchange 2003
and then restore the emails.  If I do a reinstall of Exchange 2003 do I
still need to do a forest prep and a domain prep?

Any ideas.

Thank you