Upgrade Question.

  • From: Raji Arulambalam <rajia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:31:08 +1300

Hi

I hope someone can answer these questions on upgrading Exchange 5.5 to
Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 AD domain.

I have 3 Exchange 5.5 sites, each with one Exchange server. All Exchange
servers are W2k.
In site a Exchange is on a separate server, in sites B and C Exchange is
installed on a DC.

1. On site A I install a Windows 2003 server as a member server, and install
Exchange 2003 having followed the steps in the deployment tools for
coexistence with Exch 5.5. Then move mailboxes and public folders. This site
also has the IMS and site connectors.

2.  Having installed Exchange 2003 in site A, can I then install Exchange
2000 on sites B and C ? so that I can do an in-place upgrade of Exchange
5.5.
Would it matter that AD has been prepared with Exchange 2003 ?  and
replicated to sites B and C Dcs.
Then upgrade Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 ? on these sites.

Any problems ??

Thanks

Raji

Email disclaimer: This email and any attachments are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any
way. If you receive this message in error, please let us know by return email
and then destroy the message. Environment Bay of Plenty is not responsible for
any changes made to this message and/or any attachments after sending.
This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.