RE: Upgrade Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:54:20 -0500

It could be a number of things, according to MS KB:

1) You typed two backslashes preceding the computer name when asked to
enter the exchange 5.5 server name

2) DNS is set up improperly on the exchange 5.5 server and it cannot
properly resolve the new server

3) The account you are logged on as does not have at least Administrator
permission on the Exchange Server 5.5 Site and Configuration container

4) You installed the ADC from the Windows 2003 Server CD and not from
the Exchange 2003 Server CD.

5) Your Exchange 5.5 LDAP service is not on port 389

plus a few other things.

The detailed error message from the set up logfile would be required to
pinpoint it (or you can fix all of the above items).