RE: Upgrade Exchange 5.5 to 2003

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 23:26:41 -0700

Exchange 2003 requires an AD domain.

John Tolmachoff

Engineer/Consultant/Owner

eServices For You

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberta Campos [mailto:rbcampos@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 6:11 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Upgrade Exchange 5.5 to 2003

http://www.MSExchange.org/

I'm having some troubles moving my Exchange 5.5 mailboxes to my Exchange
2003 server and getting the mailbox permissions correct.

Here's what I have:

2003 Exchange server joined to a NT 4 domain site.

ADC connector with 2 way connection agreements between the 2003 AD and 5.5
Directory.  The mailbox information is replicated to AD in the form of the
disabled user accounts in the "Recipients" folder.

Then I used Exchange System Manager to move mailboxes from the 5.5 server to
the 2003 server. This is OK, but I can't access same mailboxes. I have a
primary account with 10 mailboxes. When ADC replicates the mailboxes, the
first one it matches to become the mailbox that is synchronized with Active
Direct object, the others stay without user account.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!