Unusual Priv1.edb Database size

  • From: "Oluwaseyi Owoeye" <OOwoeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:10:02 +0100

Hi guys,

I recently changed my exchange server box.

On my old box the priv.edb size was 5GB. I did a backup od the
information store then i set up a new machine. installed windowss 2000
server and exchange 2000 server on it and i restored from backup and
everything seems to be working fine for about 5 days now. This morning i
checked up the size of the priv1.edb file and i found out that the file
is now 27GB which is totally impossible. We do not have so much users
and there is no way the mails could have reached that size.

What could have gone wrong and what can i do to return the database to
its original size.

Thanks

Seyi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The information in this message is confidential and is legally
message by anyone else is unauthorized.

        If received in error please accept our apologies and notify the
sender immediately. You must also delete the original message from your
machine. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure,
copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
of it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

        The information, attachments, opinions or advice contained in
this email are not the views or opinions of Econet Wireless Nigeria Ltd,
its subsidiaries or affiliates. Econet Wireless Nigeria Ltd therefore
accepts no liability for any claims, losses, or damages arising from the
inaccuracy, incorrectness, or lack of integrity of such information.