RE: Unrouted mail

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:52:20 -0500

Have you restarted the internet mail connector?  Did you move any of the
messages from the queue without restarting the mail connector?  Detail the
steps you have taken so far...

Also realize that some of the messages may be NDR's or bouncebacks to
non-existant domains and are just in the queue trying to be delivered.
(depending on how your infrastructure has been setup).   If they are NDR's,
bouncebacks, or other similar messages going to domains that can not be
found, they will delete after expiration per your 'retry interval' as set in
your configuration.

Chris