[ExchangeList] Uninstall Exchange 2000 error...

  • From: "Jason Lehrhoff" <JLehrhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:55:56 -0500

I am in a E2003 upgrade process where I have to get rid of my E2k
Enterprise Front End Server. I uninstalled Exchange 2000, and received
errors when trying to uninstall The Instant Messaging and Chat
Components.  I receive the message "A problem has been encountered in
the MS Exchange Instant Messaging Service Setup Component. Canceling
Setup"

I have rebooted and tried again. I also stopped all the IIS Admin and
Exchange services, to no avail..

I have the Microsoft Article on manually removing exchange, but want to
us that as a last resort...

Anyone?

-Jason

The HealthCare Chaplaincy is a multifaith community of professionals from many
cultures dedicated to caring for persons in spirit, mind, and body.

We are committed to excellence and leadership in pastoral care, education, and
research.

Privileged/confidential information may be contained in this message.  If you
the message to such person), please notify the sender and do not copy or
forward this message to any other person.