RE: Unified Messaging

  • From: "Amit Behal" <amitbehal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:37:02 -0700

Hello Raveendran,

I know of the Avaya tools and of the others that are available in the market. But I would like to develop my own solution, which is why I am curious to know how do the other tools use Exchange as a message store for their Voices/Faxes. It would be something really great if you could help me in that regard, because that is all that I want, or if you could ppoint me to somebody who just might have an idea regarding it.

I know there are tools by Avaya/ActiveVoice/... who use the Exchange as a message store, but how is what I want to know. Are there any special components that are used/developed. Is Active Directory a part of it? ...

I am new to Exchange, and would like the Guidance of you Gurus out there..

From: "Chinnasamy, Raveendran (Raveendran) ** CTR **" <Ravi@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Unified Messaging
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:25:43 -0400

http://www.MSExchange.org/ - Re-Vamped!

You can use Avaya Unified Messenger which uses the full functionality of Active Directory .
all UM solutions are only for Voice messages . you should look for fax server as a seprate but you can integrate with voice server /exchange server .