Unhappy remote clients

  • From: "Jeff Bushberg" <jeff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:48:09 -0700

        I have users that connect to exchange remotely through VPN. I
have
tried using OST files but notice when exchange synchronizes the OST file
it
Takes too long, not fast enough for slow connections. I noticed there
are some settings in 2002 outlook client
For send and receive groups that may be useful. Was wondering if some
has a system for remote access that works great with large email
accounts.
I know about OWA , but my clients prefer using there normal outlook
interface.
Is there a way to connect to exchange remotely with out synchronizing
and collect only new email.
I am using IMAP now but was hoping for a solution for outlook exchange
client. Also any suggestions
On minimum bandwidth requirements to implement successful remote VPN
exchange access.

Thanks for any help
Jeff