Unchangeable MAPI permissions

  • From: "Robert Pouleijn" <rpouleijn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 00:46:14 -0600

Hi all,
I recently deleted a Security Group from our W2k DC. This Group was added
to some public folders on our Exchange 2000 server. When I open a
permissions dialog from a Public folder on a Mapi client the dialog shows
a SID number for the delete group. In the past I was always able to delete
these SID numbers from the permissions of a public folder. But now for
some reason it fails. It even fails on the Exchange System Administrator
saying: ?invalid window handler?.
To make things worse; I delete the SID entry from the public folders with
help of the installable file system on the M drive. After I had done this
I read somewhere that you never should change the permissions on a public
folder with the help of the installable file system.
Does anyone know how you can somehow reset the permission on a public
folder, so that a Mapi client can edit the permissions again?

Many thanx !!!