Unable to remove Exchange 5.5 server in Mixed Mode Environment

  • From: "Lin Webster" <lwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:41:19 -0600

I have an Exchange 5.5 site in which two new Exchange 2K servers joined.
Two Exchange 5.5 servers were removed from the site using the 5.5 CD and
selecting "REMOVE ALL", and then made sure the servers were no longer seen
on the network.  I still have another Exchange 5.5 server active in the
site.  On the 5.5 server, I highlighted the two servers to be removed and
deleted them.  All seemed to go well.  The next day, the servers
reappeared and now I am unable to delete them although I get errors that
they cannot be connected to.  Any properties indicate 5.5.  How do I get
them removed?