Unable to relay problems in Exchange 2000 and Mail Essentials

  • From: "John Nguyen" <JGNGUYEN@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:46:22 -0400

I've been getting a lot of NDR "Unable to relay" , not on all emails
just some.
We are running an Exch 2k box and Mail Essentials (on separate box)
I set the virtual SMTP relay setting to "allow all computer which
authenticate to relay" and added all my internal IP range.
When I telnet into my mail essential server from the mail essential
server every thing checks out but I'm still getting rejection.
On the domain names that get reject I was able to get NSlookup to
retrieve MX server name. Does anyone have any ideas what could be
happening ?

Thanks....
John Nguyen

The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains information
that may be
confidential or constitute non-public information. It is intended to be
conveyed only to the
designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message,
please notify
the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.
Use,
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message by unintended
recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful.