Unable to get Exchange 2000 to join Exchange 5.5 Organization

  • From: "Thomas Eske" <teske@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:32:03 -0500

Here is the setup, I have a NT 4.0 running Exchange 5.5, and Windows
2000 Domain Controller and a new Windows 2000 Domain Controller that I
want to install Exchange 2000 on and join the Exchange 5.5 Organization
and eventually I will take out the 5.5.

I run setup for Exchange 2000 and it gets to the point were it asks me
if I want to join or set up a new organization.  I click on join and it
comes back with an error saying that there are some invalid characters
in the 5.5 Organization.  I had a underscore under one of the display
names and I got rid of it, but it still will not let me join.

So I am asking if I am missing something or do I just have to look
harder to find the invalid character?

Any ideas

Tom Eske