RE: Unable to browse Public folders in ESM.

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:27:27 -0000

Make sure u dont have SSL enabled on the Public virtual directory, if u have IE
configured to use a proxy that can also cause the error

Mark Fugatt
Dedicated Support Engineer
Microsoft Ltd

Sent: 07/11/2004 16:14:07
To: "[ExchangeList]"<exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] Unable to browse Public folders in ESM.

Exchange 2003 sp1 on windows server 2003 std.

Since yesterday, I have been unable to browse the folder list (Public),
in ESM. No problem in outlook, or owa though.

On trying to browse through ESM, I am presented with a logon box and
when I enter any of the exchange admin passwords, (I have 2 Exchange
admin logons, only 1 admin, Me), it re-appears. If I cancel out it
returns the error -

Access denied.
Facility: Win32
Id no: 80070005
Exchange System Manager.

There are absolutely no errors in the event log on restarting the box,
or when this error occurs. All services are up and running.

OWA is being accessed by ssl.

Absolutely no changes have been made to this in the last week, (I
updated GFI Mailessentials 2 weeks ago. I have uninstalled GFI, so all
that is installed on the server is Exchange.)

I have even created a new public folder tree, but I get the same

Has anyone any idea's on what to try to do to fix this.

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking:
Leading Network Software Directory:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: