Unable to access external POP3 account

  • From: "Sushil Bhalla" <sushilb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:17:54 -0700

Hi All,

I have SBS2000, WIN2000 SERVER, ISA 2000 SERVER, EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER all
installed on one server.

On server itself, I am unable to get mails from external POP3 accounts
(like my yahoo account). It gives me the following error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com',
Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10065, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

But from workstations I am able to do so. I haven't installed firewall
client on the server itself (I think it is not recommended too). Could
that be a problem. Is there configuration needed on Exchange Server itself
or any rules are to be made on ISA.

A solution will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sushil Bhalla