RE: Unable to Send Mails

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:22:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> We are not gettting any NDR but the theres a lot of Queue growth and i
> am also not able to telnet to port 25 from an external Ip thanks Gautam

That's not a good sign, if you are unable to telnet to the mailserver's
port 25 from outside.  How about the mailserver's IP address port 25?  If
neither works, you have a firewall issue or Exchange is not running.  If
IP works but domain name does not, it's possibly a DNS problem.

Also: from the console of the exchange server, in a MS DOS Command window,
are you able to telnet to port 25 of an external mailserver (Exchange or
otherwise)?  be sure you test a mailserver FQDN, not just the base domain
name. To find the mailserver of a given domain name, you can check for the
MX records at http://www.dnsstuff.com/

best regards
Mike Salim.