Re: Unable to Mount Mail Box Store

  • From: Sudeep Raikar <raikar.sudeep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:21:54 +0900

Hello Shahir,

 I think you need to see the consistency of the database. First of all when
you shut down the servers every evening the transaction log files in the
exchange server should be commited in the database.This will make the
database consistent.Now again you have taken out the harddisk and scanned
the harddisk with Norton Antivirus. There is a possibility that scanning the
harddrive with norton antivirus had corrupted the databse files of exchage.
Microsoft does not recommend to run a File level Antivirus on the . EDB

Think if you are able to repair the database then that will be a good idea.

But i will suggest you to mount the databse and Use Exmerge to extract the
data from the database. Have a fresh database.

Please let me know if this options are ok with you.