URGENT - Exch 5.5 info store limit reached!

  • From: Andrea Coppini <AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:36:36 +0200

Hi all,

I'm in panic mode.  My mailbox store shot up from 10Gb to the max 16.7Gb in
a few weeks (probably BackupExec was the culprit, not sure though).

I'm deleting old mailboxes and have also instructed the users to delete any
unnecessary e-mails, but the mailbox store is not reducing in size.

How can I reduce it?

I noticed the message retention setting was set to 30 days, now I have
reduced it to 0, am I correct in thinking that this will flush any
tombstoned items?  If not, how do I clean the deleted stuff?

HELP!

Normally-chilled-and-helpfully yours...
Andy