RE: Two mail server with the same mail domain?

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 04:34:18 -0700

HI!
You are right. I try to explain why we want so. Actually we don't, but a
customer of us wants that we realize that.

1. We have a customer and we manage the domain domainA.com on our Exchange
Server. This customer has also the second mail domain domainB.com which we
manage also on our Exchange Server but not have for it any MX record.
2. Another mail server (Unix) which belongs to an Internet Provider has MX
record for the domain domainB.com.
3. The accounts of customer for domainB.com has  mailboxes on our Exchange
Server, but also on Unix mail server.
4. The customer will migrate later his MX for domainB.com to our server.
5. The customer wants that his employees should send their mails internal
and external by using their Exchange mailboxes, with the primary alias
user@xxxxxxxxxxxx
6. But the customer wants also that all mails which are sent (external or
internal) to alias@xxxxxxxxxx should be go to the mailboxes on Unix mail
server.

Situation:
- The employees of customer can send mail to external domains without any
problem by using their alias@xxxxxxxxxxx aliases on our Exchange.
- The employees can also receive the mails from external domains to their
mailboxes on Unix mail server.

PROBLEM:
- If the employees send mails internal by using our Exchange, for example
from user1@xxxxxxxxxxx to user2@xxxxxxxxxxx, the mails will be sent to
mailboxes on the Exchage Server. As I described above the customer wants
that these internal mails should be sent also to the mailboxes on Unix
mail server.

Exchange Server acts hier absolutly correct! My questin is, is there any
"trick" that I tell Exchange Server that it should send all internal mails
to other server (Unix mail server) without any checking??

That is all story! Puhh....
It is a little bit strange story but the customer asks me about it. Now I
ask you if it is possible.

Thanks in advance.
Mustafa