RE: Two domains at one site..

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:20:49 -0800

> In regards to the Exchange configuration.  It looks like I need to look
> into smtp connector instead of relaying or do these components work
> together?  I like John's idea about a dedicated SMTP server to
> relay/forward to the proper domain but that is just not an option right
> now so I'm curious if I can just configure one of the Exchange server
> (domain_b) to receive mail for it's domain and then relay/forward mail
> for domain_c.

You could use the first server and configure the SMTP virtual server to
relay for the other domain and forward, but I would have to verify it first
as Exchange takes over control of the SMTP virtual server and I am not sure
you can do that.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You