Re: Two Exchange 2000 server in the same domain and same Organization

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 16:25:22 +0100

Hi Bassam

I'm afraid that they will have the smae GAL  and be in the same Organisation
by virtue of being in the ssame Forest, although I suppose you could disable
the Recipient Update Service for the second server. You could then just
enable it if and when you do need it.

Sorry if I missing something but why not build a cluster? You will have
almost instant automatic failover and load balancing? Since you are probably
going to spend almost that amount of money as I understand why not get full
benefit of it?

Hope that helps.

Bye for now.

Paul Lemonidis.