Tracking down spam

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 15:06:23 +0100

One of our customers seems to be sending out a lot of spam emails. The
firewall only allows the server to talk to the outside world via smtp
and having checked the server for viruses and relying, we think it is
one of the machines on the network sending email via outlook. Is there a
clever way of finding out which machine it is? (without resorting to
turning all the machines off 1 by 1)

I've tried increasing the logging on the smtp virtual server but that
seems to only show me where the emails are going to.

TIA

Andy