Re: Topic: How to give remote access to Exchange? Is VPN the solution?

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:43:57 -0700

http://www.tacteam.net/openport.htm


John T
eServices For You


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sarfraz ahmed [mailto:S.ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:13 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Re: Topic: How to give remote access to Exchange?
Is VPN
> the solution?
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> How I do open port 80 ?
> 
> Sarfraz Ahmed
> Network&Epos Engineer
> National Halal Food Group
> www.nationalhalal.com
> Tel:00441217722700
> Fax:0044121772252
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: A. Michael Salim [mailto:msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: 15 July 2005 22:09
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Re: Topic: How to give remote access to
> Exchange? Is VPN the solution?
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Hi,
> 
> > Now what ports do I need to open in my firewall to allow the
> connection?
> >
> > Ports 6001 to 6004, correct?
> 
> Just 80 and 443.  You do not need to open 6001 to 6004.
> 
> Mike
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: A. Michael Salim [mailto:msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 1:16 PM
> > To: [ExchangeList]
> > Subject: [exchangelist] Re: Topic: How to give remote access to
> > Exchange? Is VPN the solution?
> >
> > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Thanks. VPN an option, OWA another one but I have enable RPC/HTTP
> and
> > > desperately looking for someone to test out!
> >
> > Send me the details, I will be glad to help.  I need:
> >
> > a) the Exchange Server name
> >
> > b) User name and password (UPN name like their login email address,
> > perhaps configured like emailaddress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
> >
> > c) The secure server name if different than the Exchange Server nme
> > (likely)
> >
> > d) If using a self-certified SSL cert, the root cert for your SSL cert
> >
> > That should be it!
> >
> > Have you tested it locally and does it work?  If not:  Create an
> > Exchange profile in Control Panel/Mail, test with Outlook.
> >
> > Mike Salim
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > List Archives:
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> > World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading
> > Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> > No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows
> Security
> > Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security
> Library:
> > http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
> > http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List
> as:
> > nicver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit
> > http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > List Archives:
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> > World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> > Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> > No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> > Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> > Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> > Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List
> as: msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> s.ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Other related posts: