Re: To retrieve data related to each mailbox.

  • From: A P <ermitanyo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:44:01 -0800

For Exchange 2003, there are new WMI classes that may give you the
information you need.  There is a WMI class for Exchange that you can use to
get mailbox sizes for per server.  Specific class that may be of interest is
"Exchange_Mailbox".   Here is the link...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_wmiref_cl_Exchange_Mailbox.asp

If you do a search using the terms:

exchange_mailbox wmi

it will take you to the MSDN link for the WMI classes available for
Exchange.

If you are at Exchange 2000, your options using WMI might be limited.

KB article 320071, URL below, discusses alternative ways of getting this
information using CDO, ADO or WebDaV.   WebDAV is probably the best bet if
you wan to run the script remote against Exchange 2000 or 2003 servers.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320071

Arden