To be or not to be...inconsistent

  • From: "Zentarra, Marco" <marco.zentarra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:15:05 +0100

Hey all

situation: exchange 2k in a 2k domain
i make a backup from our live-database using the windows2k-backup-tool.
then i unpack the bkf and make the eseutil "/mh" command on that *.edb.
the status says that the database is inconsistant! the i make the
eseutil "/p" command, after a few minutes (ok, it takes some time...)
eseutil says that the database was repaired successfully, and after
maken eseutil "/mh" command it says that the database is consistant!

question:

is my database inconsitant in the first step ´couse my database is
damaged, or is it inconsistant ´couse i make hat backup live (you know,
i dont stop the exchangeinformation service) ???

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marco Zentarra
Systemadministrator

ONLine GmbH