Things that can interfere with SPA authentication

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:12:01 -0400

I am having a problem with Outlook 2002 in that I can not get it to
authenticate using SPA to a Microsoft POP3 Server. This is specific to one
computer. Outlook express on the same computer works as does Outlook on
another computer.  I thought this might be anti-virus related as some
antivirus programs create a local popserver and reconfigure clients to use it
in order to provide anti-virus protection to incoming mails. I removed the
Antivirus Software from the computer to attempt a rule this out.  I still am
not able to connect using Secure Password Authentication.  Does anyone have
something that I should try?