RE: Things need to monitor for Exchange health ?

  • From: "Neil Hobson" <neil.hobson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:11:05 +0100

Event logs?

To be honest, even just the Performance counters area can balloon into
many things to monitor (like disk read or writes > 50msec, or
MSExchangeIS RPC latency > 200msec, etc, etc.)

Don't forget the include the regular running of ExBPA.  :)

________________________________

From: Manjeet Singh [mailto:Manjeet.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Posted At: 12 April 2005 16:07
Posted To: Exchange Org Mailing List (30 days)
Conversation: Things need to monitor for Exchange health ?
Subject: [exchangelist] Things need to monitor for Exchange health ?

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi,

Could you please tell, what parameter we need to monitor for Exchange
server health.

I have included in my list -

1.      Database disk size
2.      Database file size
3.      Exchange Performance counters (yet to be decided)
4.      Folder Inactivity
5.      Mailbox Queue/Usage
6.      SMTP Queue
7.      Exchange Services
8.      SMTP and HTTP Port connection status
9.      MapiLogon

What else we should monitor?

Thanks,

manjeet

Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Silversands.

If you have received this email in error, or if you believe this email is
unsolicited
and wish to be removed from any future mailings, please contact our Support
Desk immediately on 01202 360360 or email helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.silversands.co.uk