The custom form could not be opened

  • From: "osman filiz" <osmanfiliz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:33:24 +0000

We have e2k with sp3. One of my client uses outlook 2000 on windows 98. When he wants to open "read" messages (why a man wants to open "read" notifications?I dont know, he is the boss...) he got the error : " The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead." I reinstall outlook and office program but the problem not solved. Any help?

From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Exchange 5.5 mailbox security
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:38:12 -0500

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Raziq,
Even if the user has full control over the NTFS share, the user cannot
access the mailbox unless permissions are defined explicitly at Exchange
level. Exchange IS permissions are not the same as NTFS permissions.
Have you verified if the Managers mail box has been delegated to a DL in
which this user is a member ? Open the managers Outlook session, check
under the delegates tab, and also check in the Permissions tab of the
Inbox, Outlook Today and any other folder that is visible to the user to
check if the delegate permission is defined.

Also, check in the Exchange admin window that the manager's mail box
does not have the user listed.

Regards,

-----Original Message----- From: Mo Raziq [mailto:Mo.Raziq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 4:21 AM To: [ExchangeList] Subject: [exchangelist] Exchange 5.5 mailbox security

http://www.MSExchange.org/

I have a user has been able to access the manager's mailbox, but she
doesnt have permissions to access it!! The exchange server is 5.5 and is
a member server, the only security lapse I can think of is that the
everyone group has full control over the ntfs drive.

Any ideas?  How ever small your idea it's bound to help!!! thanks in
advance..

Mo Raziq
Technical Support
mo.raziq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IT Networks Limited
19 - 21 High Street
Coleshill
Birmingham
B46 1AY

Tel: +44 (0) 870 161 6611
Fax: +44 (0) 870 161 6622
Web: www.itnetworks.co.uk
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of IT Networks Ltd.
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed
to our clients or suppliers, any opinions or advice contained in
this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in
the governing engagement letter or contract.

IT Networks Ltd helpdesk by phone on +44 (0) 870 161 6611.