The connection was dropped by the remote host.

  • From: "Mike Hogenauer" <MHogenauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:38:25 -0800

I have 3 Exchange 2003 servers in physical locations.

All serves are Exchange 2003 SP1 and run on Windows 2003 SP1 Ent
Version. All servers are in same AD domain.

From each Exchange server I can ping each server, telnet to ort 25 on
each server and resolve host hostnames on each server.

All Servers are connect via high speed connections T1 or faster.

Every day I watch my queues and I often have to force a connection to
the remote servers to force mail to flow and if I highlight the servers
queue I get error:  "The connection was dropped by the remote host"

I have review MS articles 895897, still no love.

Thanks in advance